Feet are very prone to get the least attention when it comes to body pampering. I myself feel lazy to give little more than a regular wash & moisturizer to my feet. Result? Dull & tanned feet crying for little love. Thanks to this artticle, I gave some love to my feet, trust me they were in very bad shape. They need more care, which I promised to give on regular basis. So I was saying, we do not need many things to take care of our feet. We can do this little pampering at home with the things that we already have. We just need to skip being lazy.
Let’s do a at home session with me today.
What You Need?
- Water tub with little warm water filled in it so that your feet are fully submerged into it.
- A Nail Clipper / Nail Filer
- Nail Paint remover & Cotton
- A Mild Shampoo /Body Wash
- Scrub / Bath Salt / Loofah
- Light Massaging cream / Glycerin
- Love For Your Feet
That’s all going to do what it takes to pamper your feet. You can use a nail clipper or a nail filer, depending on what you have handy. Also In case you have your nail paint on your toes, you will need to have a nail paint remover with some cotton.
A shampoo or a body wash in warm water, works to bring down the hardness of your soles. Which could be scrubbed away with a loofah or scrub.
Bath Salt gives kind of luxurious feeling & have some therapeutic properties attached to it. Since I have Soul Flower Germanium Bath Salt lying around, I would like to use it. You can use any scrub or loofah to scrub away dead skin.
A massage cream seals the moisture in the skin making it soft & supple. You can use any moisturizer or even Glycerin. If you would like to use Hydrogen Peroxide (to treat tan), you must use Glycerin or a nice massage cream since Hydrogen Peroxide can be harsh & drying on your skin. I do have Hydrogen Peroxide with me, but I do not like to use it I do not consider it good for skin in long term.
How To Do Pedicure At Home?
- Start by pouring some shampoo/ body wash (& some bath salt, if you are using one) in to the warm water tub. Dip your feet in the water. If you would like to use Hydrogen Peroxide too, pour 2-3 tablespoon of it into the water.
- In case you are wearing nail paint, remove it using a nail paint remover & cotton or ready made nail paint remover.
- Clip your nails, if you feel like to. Shape them. Clean the sides of your nails of any dirt deposited inside. Make sure your soles are still dipped into the water so that the shampoo is doing it’s job.
- Grab some scrub & give a nice scrubbing to your feet including in between your toes & soles. You can also use a loofah to remove the hard dead skin at your soles.
- Wash your feet in clean water & wipe them with towel. Now it’s time to moisturize them. Use a massage cream or glycerin to give a light massage to your feet. You can do this as long as you want.
- By this step your feet must have gotten clean of tan & dead skin. Now you can paint your toe nails or just leave them without any paint for few days.
Hope you found the steps easy to follow & the article inspired you girls to try this soon.
Let me know if you would like to add something to it.